Cinestar :: Angela Lansbury forum italiano

Angela fan from America!

« Older   Newer »
MadameNightMusic
view post Posted on 19/2/2010, 01:12

Hi, everyone. I realize this is an Italian forum, but I can't speak or read Italian, as I am an American. I am an American girl named Elizabeth, and I joined this forum because I am a great fan of Angela Lansbury's. I saw her in "Blithe Spirit" this past summer, and even got to meet her after the show! I will share my story when I get the chance. Just wanting to say hi, and hoping that some of you are able to read my English post. :) I hope to be able to talk with you about my very favorite actress of all time! Please write back.

I'm sorry that I don't speak Italian. But I think this is a very nice forum.

Elizabeth

dali85
view post Posted on 19/2/2010, 08:08

Hi Elizabeth and welcome. I'm Dalila. Exscuse me for my English. I'm very curious to read yuor experience in theater

Phedefico
view post Posted on 19/2/2010, 14:09

Welcome Elizabeth! I am happy to correspond with an American fan of Angela!
Don't forget to visit the italian site thet I have realized: http://cinestar.altervista.org/angelalansbury.htm
regards! Federico

MadameNightMusic
view post Posted on 19/2/2010, 15:03

Thank you for the warm welcomes! Don't apologize at all for your English! I'm thrilled that I am able to correspond with you! :)
I had the fortune of seeing Miss Angela Lansbury onstage in Blithe Spirit this past summer! I went with my father and a friend who lives in NYC. I didn't want to miss that chance to see Angela, and I am so grateful that it was able to work out for me. It was my first time to see a Broadway show, and as I was watching Angela as Madame Arcati, I just couldn't believe I was really there. The show was wonderful and I thought the set was beautiful. I am a tremendous fan of Angela's and have been following her career, and I regard her as a talented, beautiful, and well-respected lady. Often I read from others little stories about their experiences meeting Miss Lansbury, and I have one of my own that I would like to share. After the show, my friend knew how much I wanted to possibly meet Angela, so she took my father and I out to the stagedoor where we waited. A few other actors came out to sign, but after a while, we were told Angela was not coming out. But then we went around to the other side of the Shubert theatre building, away from the crowd, and we knew Angela would be coming out an alternate door to her car. Her driver had parked a black car along the street, and my friend told me that when Angela came out I could approach her and ask her nicely if she wouldn't mind signing my Blithe Spirit playbill for me. A moment later, I saw Miss Lansbury coming out the door with her bodyguards, and at this point I was in sheer awe, looking at her from but a foot away, if that. I started to walk up to her and I said, kind of timidly, "Miss Lansbury?" Then her bodyguard said to me, "She isn't signing tonight" as she was being ushered into the backseat of her car. I stepped back a little and said, "That's all right." But then something very special happened. After she was settled in the backseat of her car, I smiled and waved at her, hoping she would notice me. And she did! She looked right at me from her backseat window and smiled and waved back at me for fleeting seconds as her car disappeared down the street. That moment just made my whole night. It really did, and it just goes to show what a truly gracious lady she is and how genuinely she cares about her fans. I am so glad I had that moment. Nothing could ever hold a candle to the magic I felt the night that I saw her.

Elizabeth

dali85
view post Posted on 20/2/2010, 08:50

You have been so fortunate. I have gone to see the last show to Broadway, she has been fantastic, Broadway is another world in comparison to Italy. I'm in third line, but I can not see she uot of the stage.

ladyj.
icon1  view post Posted on 22/2/2010, 15:35

Welcome Elizabeth!!! :)

MadameNightMusic
view post Posted on 23/2/2010, 03:50

Thank you, LadyJ!

6 replies since 19/2/2010, 01:12   104 views